Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where Can I Buy A Garotte

The power of deadlines ...

Hello everyone, I'm back here on the folder.
'Sti days are days of fire, I'm working from morning to night and even my blog suffer from my absence. I have yet to make the minutes of the second week of Workshow in Lucca, as well! Among the many works of this month, as usual there was good Fiordaliso ... In fact, today I give you a small tutorial scoutizzato .

Well, there was once a draft:

theme of the book, the summer camp (winter, spring ... so the fixed field). My intention was to create something of this kind , inspired by the famous illustrator Pierre Joubert scout. His designs have always fascinated me, full of dynamism, solemnity and delicacy. In short delivery with the draft, I study the main lines of the illustration and I see a little 'what works and what does not. I realize that in fact the boy leans over to take the wooden pole, he knew a little 'to say that Spider-Man and the legs have given them little. So I worked on and came out this ...


Now our explorer is no longer called Peter ... but the syndrome uomoragno went to the boy behind her, climbing up the rock-solid construction raised by the bold young scout. This is utopia ... in today's world, kids scout would create an instrument of death made of wood and strings, that the first day of camp will implode in the silence of the night! And anyway, the pencil has convinced me, and then are passed to the light table ... oh dear the light table that sflhassha my eyes (as you write, "sflèscia? Thus we understand more, I mean, blinding me!). I create the clean-up of the illustration, ie a pencil beeeella defined in the paper for watercolor, Fabriano 4 fine grain, cotton ... maybe we're about 300 grams. Or maybe more than that, I do not remember. Do I have my coffee cups to the side of the sheet (I use to prepare the colors), water, brushes, watercolors and Ecoline, headphones on his head ... and it came out of this.


Usually, I start from the basic colors of the characters. First established from where comes the light. the type and amount of light that will be in the scene. This is an external, but we are almost near sunset. However, do the colors based on the characters and objects scene (in this case, the poles). Then I start with the shadows (in the case of watercolor, the lights are in the white of the paper): part with the skin, clothes, hair and props. Then comes the turn of the background, which in this case was the sky, clouds and a few leaves, so there was not much to do. A little 'orange and pink for the effect of "clouds lit by the setting sun" and here we are.
All this (plus two other similar pictures, always with the same technique and another "fotoshoppata") within a day and a half. What is the natural enemy of the artist? The deadline.

Bremm ink.

0 comments:

Post a Comment